Copyright Infringement Policy
Last Updated: 01/15/2014
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations ("BATO") and its affiliates respect the intellectual property rights of others. In accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright
Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512, and related regulations (the “DMCA”), BATO shall handle proper notices of copyright infringement in accordance with this Policy.
1. Notice of Infringement. If you believe that content on www.bridgestonemotorcycletires.com (the “Site”) infringes your copyright rights,
please submit a written notice of infringement meeting the requirements of the DMCA to BATO’s Designated Copyright Agent at the following address:
Attn: Jon Wood
Chief Counsel, Intellectual Property
10 East Firestone Blvd.
Akron, OH 44317
Fax: (330) 379-4604
Phone: (330) 379-7000
The DMCA requires that a notice of infringement be in writing and contain the following elements:
- description of the work you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material you claim to be infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent , or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- The electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner (or a person who otherwise holds an exclusive right to the copyrighted work) or a person authorized to act on its behalf.
2. Repeat infringers. Under appropriate circumstances, it is BATO’s policy to disable and/or
terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly accused of infringing the copyrights of others.
3. Fraudulent Submissions. Please note that there may be legal and financial consequences for filling a bad faith or false notice of infringement.